This cilantro lime rice recipe is yummy and easy to prepare. It was a hit even with our kids (well 2 out of 3, daughter basically likes salami and cucumbers – we’re working on that).
Rice is a staple carb in our gluten-free diet! with that said it can get pretty boring PRETTY fast if we don’t spice things up a bit!
P.S. I have included Amazon affiliate links to our favorite products below.
Well lets get on with it then…
Ingredients For Cilantro Lime Rice:
2 Cups of White Jasmine Rice
2 1/2 Cups of water
2 Tbsp salted butter:
1/2 Cup fresh finely chopped cilantro
1 Lime (Juice of lime squeezed + Zest of 1 lime)
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice:
1. Rinse 2 cups of rice well with cold water until the water runs clear, you’ll want to get as much of the talc out of it as you can. Once your rice is rinsed, place it in the rice cooker and add your 2 1/2 cups of water.
2. Salt the water with 1/2 Tbsp of your favorite salt (we use pink himalayan salt)
3. Squeeze your lime juice by whatever means necessary (the other half of ours has gone missing, i’m blaming the children)
4. Grate the zest using a grater/zester toolÂ (we like oxo brand) off the lime just until the outer soft flesh of the lime is exposed, work your way around (NOTE: IT IS EASIER TO DO THIS BEFORE YOU CUT THE LIME)
5. Combine the lime juice, lime zest, 1/2 cup of cilantro and mix together
6. Mix the rice with 2 Tbsp of butter using a wooden spoon not to scratch the rice cooker surface.
7. Mix in with rice and enjoy!
8. We served this with pan fried pink patagonia shrimp made on our favorite Lodge brand cast iron skillet, seasoned with salt, garlic, and mixed with fresh chopped cilantro and fresh squeezed lime, served over the cilantro lime rice! Perfect refreshing combination of yum and delicious!
OK Health Benefits of Cilantro…GO!
For other great ideas on using cilantro visit Superfood evolution
TOP BENEFITS of Cilantro Dr. Axe Resource for Details!
- Cleanses the body from heavy metals
- Protects against oxidative stress (protects against free radicals aka cancer causing chemicals!)
- Lowers anxiety and improves sleep researched shows high intake of cilantro is as beneficial as valium for anxietyâ¦WHAT? (2)
- Lowers blood sugar
- Protects the heart from damage
- Prevents UTIâs
- Calms the digestive tract (RIGHT UP MY ALLY HERE)
- HELPS TO PRODUCE DIGESTIVE ENZYMES TO BREAKDOWN FOODS
- natural antibacterial properties protect against food poisoning and viruses
- regulates proper endocrine function
- DECREASES INFLAMMATION IN THE BRAIN
- Protects against colon cancer
- Soothes skin irritation
OK GIVE ME MORE CILANTRO! THIS SOUNDS AMAZING ð Hope you enjoy it as much as we did ð