This pasta always seems to hit the right spot! The texture, flavor, creaminess, you all know what i’m talking about! These gluten free and dairy free homemade egg noodles are the BOMB and you wouldn’t believe how EASY they are to make!
Growing up we ate A LOT of buttery pasta with pickles. When I started having health issues, I had to cut out a lot of my favorite foods including pasta! That was HARD and I wont lie, I cheated a few times and paid for it dearly afterward.
It wasn’t until I buckled down and realized that I was causing more damage to my body and stopped all wheat products. Trust me when I say I have tried MANY GF brands of pasta and NONE of them came close enough to real pasta to really enjoy all that much.
Maybe it’s not a bad thing? Then again, we all occasionally need a little pasta binge now and then, haha (kidding, not kidding). Well let’s get to the recipe already, they say!
Ingredients For Gluten Free Homemade Egg Noodles:
1 cup gluten free flour blend
1 tsp warm water
2 tsp olive oil
1/8 tsp salt (a pinch or so)
1/2-1 Tbsp salted butter
I kid you not, EASY PEASY! (This recipe serves 1 adult bowl as pictured, double or triple as desired).
Notes On Gluten Free Flour Worth Reading
1. Make sure your flour has xanthum gum in it as well as tapioca starch which helps with binding and texture. We have had great luck with Namaste Brand GF flour
2. If you have a flour without these ingredients you will need to purchase them and add them to the blend. Its always best to find them together, but also more spendy!
3. Check out how to make the perfect gluten free flour blend for ingredients and some extra side notes.
What You Will Need to Make Gluten Free Egg Noodles
1. Stand up mixerÂ we use our KitchenAid for basically everything and love it!
2. Wooden rolling pinÂ (link to the one I plan on purchasing, mine’s pretty shaky)
3. Pizza cutter (notice mine has a crack haha, don’t worry i’ve purchased a new one by oxo and LOVE IT!)
4. Boiling pot
How to Make Gluten Free Homemade Egg Noodles:
1. Mix together all the above ingredients into your stand-up mixer
2. Clean off your countertop (we use a mixture of white vinegar and water 1:1)
3. Roll out your dough ball pretty thin and spread a thin layer of your favorite GF flour, using a pizza cutter slice the dough into thin strips (not too thin, it will be hard to pull off the counter top and break more easily)
4. Pull up on one end of the strips and pull them up, you’re done!
5. Boil for 3-5 minutes, drain, butter and ENJOY! you’re gonna love these babies ð
Best part? Kid APPROVED for real they loved it! #momscore
ALSO ON THE PLATE…cheesy chicken fritters by natashaskitchen.com which are THE BEST! She’s pretty much a genius
Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!